The Science of Etsy

Happy Sunday one and all, I'm inspired to write this blog in hopes of channeling my blog direction, not just in marketing my items for etsy, but also giving a documentation of the steps I'm taking in building a successful Etsy Vintage Shop.

As my etsy followers have observed, I went on hiatus for about two years from my etsy shop due to sheer marketing exhaustion. (This is something I notice with many other shops. I noticed that as I am venturing back into the Etsy world I scrolled through some of my old favorite shops only to find they to went on an indefinite hiatus.) Upon my return I found Etsy world completely different. Prior to my leaving etsy "treasuries" were the hot ticket to getting your items noticed and now they are seemingly redundant unless you are a part of an etsy team to advertise with. The Dashboard is new to me and although I have been back in my business for three months I am still not comfortable with it and cant seem to appreciate it for what it is. Those are just a few things that I know will take some getting used to but now my game plan is to find new ways of promoting and advertising my items without the help of treasuries and, for now, without the help of paying etsy or pinterest or instagram to promote my items for me.

My hopes is that in blogging about my progression I can somehow document a pattern of success and key in on that, as well as be a visible aid to helping others who are in the same boat as me, whether starting from scratch or picking up after an Etsy hiatus. I too also am brewing up many ideas for an Etsy shop purely for my artistic purposes, but one thing at a time.

After listening to a podcast called Etsy Conversations by Ijeoma E entitled: Your Etsy Questions
Answered by Former Etsy Admin (click HERE to listen to this lecture on Google Play Podcast)
I was actually reinspired to keep going with my second go-around on etsy. The podcast was question 
and answer formatted lecture interviewing a former Etsy Admin member who also owns 
her own shop and discusses her ups and downs from both angles. 

So today I am going to take a little time from my busy schedule to critique myself some very important 
aspects of my shop. I will be looking at my photo quality, use of tags, and use of titles. I feel I will try to
compare and contrast from other successful shops and see how I can follow by their example. 

Here gooooooes! :)

Comments