Botanically Inspired by Stachys bullata Hedgewood Nettle

So let it be known to all, I have a passion for plants 🌱! I love learning about their biology, their medicinal purposes and their yummy edible purposes, it just makes me so excited! Recently  I was inspired to go foraging for Stinging Nettle which aids my allergies and adrenal fatigue. There was no stinging nettles to be found but instead I stumbled upon a new herb to my knowledge. 


In the photo (sitting in a 1940s Vintage soda fountain glass) is a commonly know hedgewood nettle. This is actually not in the nettle family but in that of the Mint family. Being in the mint family you'd think it would be mentholy and minty but it's actually spicy and peppery to the scent. After busting out 5 different botanical flora books I found the botanical name is Stachys bullata and can be used for common colds and stomach aches. 
I have not researched how to prepare it so please do not attempt yourself without expert knowledge. But I'm adding it to my list of native herbs that I want to learn more about and hopefully consume for more life experience. 🌿

Comments